This wiki workshop is presented online over 10 working days and requires approximately 15 - 20 minutes per day. The course is presented asynchronously -- so you can work at times which fit your own schedule. Join educators around the world who are returning to the core values of sharing knowledge freely.
About the Learning4Content workshops
Learning4Content is the world largest attempt to build wiki skills for Education and is administered by the OER Foundation, an independent non-profit organisation.
We have achieved our targets in providing free wiki skills training to 1000 educators this past year. In celebrating this gift of knowledge, we will host the "WikiEducator Gives Back" workshop were all facilitators donate their time freely to help their wiki Neighbours.
L4C facilitators will be giving back in two ways:
- Donating their time freely to assist with facilitating this record breaking workshop attempt - (Designated as L4C Facilitators on the workshop page)
- Sharing their knowledge with future L4C facilitators to join our international team of WikiEducator online facilitators so we can scale capability development for OER the wiki way. (Designated as L4C Co-Facilitators on the workshop page)
The OER Foundation will institute this as an annual WikiEducator event which aims to:
- Break the previous year's record for hosting the largest free online wiki workshop measured by the number of registered participants
- Provide an opportunity for educators around the world to meet and interact with some of WikiEducators' top editors and seasoned wiki facilitators measured by their approximate edit count in WikiEducator
We aim to have a little fun. We will award community Kudos achievements for:
- The workshop participant who achieves the highest number of edits during the workshop
- The Facilitor / or Co-Facilitator who achieves the highest number of support edits during the workshop.
Please share this gift of knowledge and spread the word. We invite you to register here:
WE look forward to meeting you in the wiki!
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
International Centre for Open Education,
Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand.
Board of Directors, OER Foundation.
Founder and Community Council Member, Wikieducator, www.wikieducator.org
User Page: http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg
Twitter: OERFoundation, Mackiwg